18 Dec Reclaim Your Voice
“Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated.” ~ Terry Tempest Williams
In this class, Mila creates a safe, fun, and enlivening space to playfully explore the unclaimed territories of your Voice. Using the Five Elements framework designed by Barbara McAfee, we will journey into the full spectrum of the Voice using the elements of Earth, Fire, Water, Metal, and Air. Together, we’ll use group-singing practices and playful exploration to connect with our authentic, wild Voice, and ultimately to our full aliveness.
In this class, you will…
– Discover a broader range, spectrum, and aliveness in your speaking and singing voice
– Explore themes of identity, power, visibility, vulnerability, and joy through the lens of voice
– Build confidence in your voice in a safe, welcoming, and supportive space
– Learn joyful, diverse, easy-to-memorize songs that you can take home and weave into your daily life
– Exercise your body and mind through the practice of oral-tradition group singing
– Connect with a community of women who support and celebrate your gifts
– Nourish yourself, and fill up the reservoir that feeds you
Mila Redwood will be sharing Reclaim Your Voice.